Online training via the Zoom video conferencing platform is offered. It’s a great way to learn if you are unable to attend the North Sydney training venue. You’ll learn the techniques to enable you to tell a compelling story with a DSLR, *Mirrorless* or regular video camera.
Learning One-to-One online gives you the opportunity to have every question answered, any shooting scenario explained. How many sessions you’ll need will depend on your experience, what you’d like achieve and the time you have available.
Set the dates and session times that work best for you. Message for a quote or call 0418 169 955 to discuss setting up online training.
Sessions are in 90 minute blocks
Book only the number of sessions you need
You get to select dates and session times
Download custom reference video
Download custom reference images
Receive extensive printed course notes
Screen sharing to play Keynote decks
Have your personal videos reviewed
Cinematographer and certified trainer Pieter de Vries ACS uses Video, DSLR & Mirrorless cameras for his cinematography.
The online content is presented in a manner that makes it easy to digest. Learining online also gives you the time to get out and practice so that your footage can be reviewed in the following session.
Pieter’s unique One-to-One Online training instructs you in both the technical and creative aspects of cinematography. You will gain control over the camera settings, freeing you to explore creative side of cinematography. Topics include:
SHOOTING WITH THE MANUAL SETTINGS
• Setting correct exposure using zebras
• Adjusting the colour balance
• Using Neutral Density filters to avoid shutter traps
• Explain record formats, codecs, frame & data rates
• Record & export settings for YouTube & Social Media
• Shooting with gimbals, sliders, dollies & jibs
• Following action - follow-focus handheld & tripod
• Techniques to streamline your shooting
• How to correctly use a tripod & fluid head
• Time-lapse & Slow-Motion cinematography
• Recording clear & clean audio
Story-telling plays a key role in online training. Regardless of whether you shoot with a DSLR, Mirrorless or regular video camera, defining the story can often take a back seat to a cameras' stunning image quality. Few people have an emotional response to high image resolution. Topics include:
SHOOTING WITH THE EDIT IN MIND
• Capturing the mix of shots for an easy edit
• Dynamic camera angles to improve coverage
• Using the 16:9 frame for informative composition
• How to avoid the most common shooting mistakes
USING LED LIGHTS & NATURAL LIGHT
• How to use the available light
• Modifying the output of LED lights
• Warming & cooling light
• Advanced lighting ideas for recording interviews